Junior Project Accountant
Location Adelaide CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Jessica Gouscos
Date posted 30 September 20192019-09-30 2019-10-30 accountancy Adelaide CBD South Australia AU 5000 AUD 75000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
About the Organisation As a global organisation, specialising in the defence industry, their long-term project planning has significantly grown and created the demand for specialised finance professionals. Their work spans across multiple segments, providing the highest service to clients in security and infrastructure for efficient expansions.
About the Opportunity
Through the natural preparation of the project work, this role has been newly created and will give the opportunity to be apart of Australia’s largest programs. You will be supporting and processing the financial data required to facilitate the planning and decision making of the project.
- Prepare and review reconciliation process between the project and general ledger
- Prepare the project annual budget, along with the quarterly and monthly forecasts
- Manage and prepare journals for project accruals and adjustments
- Provide accurate reporting and commentary within strict deadlines on forecasts, budget and cash flow
- Improve processes to analyse accurate, timely and efficient reporting of the financial results for the project
- Provide financial inputs and commentary to monthly reports
- An Australian Citizen
- A degree and CPA/CA qualification with previous demonstrated experience in a finance role
- Excellent communication skill coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise tasks to meet strict finance deadlines
- Strong understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian International framework of Reporting Standards
- Intermediate MS office skills is essential and desired exposure to an ERP system
To apply please click apply or call Jessica Gouscos on +61 8 82163555 for a confidential discussion.