Consultant Stuart Deane
Date posted 19 October 2016
About the organisation: Australian owned and operated, this organisation is a true example of a local South Australian success story. With multiple manufacturing and distribution warehouses, the business prides itself on consistency of quality across its sites & has a commitment to best practice throughout the organisation. Their current team brings with it a wealth of knowledge and experience, as well as a philosophy of continuous growth, brand innovation & market leading advertising strategies. Boasting a suite of brands that Australians know and trust, their position as a market leader in their field is unquestionable & has them poised for ongoing success.
As the Systems Accountant you will play a pivotal role in supporting the finance function through managing key finance and accounting systems as well as being tasked with the provision of financial system solutions.
You will also be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing & maintaining the General Ledger & other finance systems
- Develop policies, methods, standards and procedures related to the finance systems
- Continue development on Systems Accounting quality and process improvement programs
- Understand and support accounting data/work flows between business systems
- Liaise with IT service vendors on system requirements, improvements and dependencies
- Monitor and maintain data integrity in accounting and finance systems
- Maintain Accounting GL Components, business structures & data definitions
- Implement Quality checks and programs for System Accounting deliverables
- Define research and document processes for the future state of Systems Accounting
- Drive and develop team members to embrace new technology and best practice methods
- Assist in driving process & system improvements
Key Skills and Requirements:
You will be degree qualified & have completed your CPA/CA, or be studying towards it.
As an engager of stakeholders at all levels within the business it is imperative that your communication skills, both written and verbal, are exceptional. You will also need to be pro-active in your approach to work and comfortable working hands on within the business.
This opportunity would ideally suit an experienced, ready made Systems Accountant who is keen to make their mark in a newly created position. This role will best suit a motivated, driven professional who can work well both autonomously, or within a team setting.
To apply please click apply or call Stuart Deane on 08 8216 3500 for a confidential discussion.