Forward Market Manager
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Anna Madill
Date posted 8 May 20192019-05-13 2019-06-07 utilities 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 CleanCo
Robert Walters are proud to partner with CleanCo, Queensland’s new, publicly-owned clean energy company leading our State’s transition to a clean energy future. CleanCo is at the forefront of clean and low emission energy generation. CleanCo will deliver reliable, clean energy solutions at a competitive price for Queenslanders. CleanCo is shaping the future of Queensland’s energy sector and this is an opportunity to align your experience as a Forward Market Manager with a growing organisation focused on customer needs. CleanCo will facilitate a more dynamic and responsive energy market through a diverse mix of generation capacity and investment in renewable energy projects to deliver innovative energy solutions for their customers and increased market competition.
As Forward Market Manager you will be responsible for deriving and overseeing CleanCo’s forward market trading strategy and activities. Reporting to the General Manager, Customer and Energy Markets, this role will manage a team of Forward Market Traders responsible for optimising the forward market returns from CleanCo’s energy portfolio.
Initially, you will contribute to establishing CleanCo’s forward market strategy, which will include establishing the governance, structure, people and policies relevant to the team whose focus will be negotiating forward energy contracts.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in energy or financial market trading
- Proven capacity and willingness to contribute to functional development, particularly during the early stages of establishing a business
- A strong understanding of trends influencing the energy sector and a track record for developing strategies in response to these changes
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to use data to reinforce commercial decisions
- Minimum degree educated in a relevant discipline
- The ability to meet ASIC’s requirements to fulfil the role of Responsible Manager is highly regarded
This is an opportunity to make a difference for Queensland consumers and contribute to a renewable future. If CleanCo’s goal to increase competition in the wholesale electricity market, lower electricity prices, and facilitate a reliable and affordable transition to increased renewable energy resonates with you, please apply.
To apply please click apply or call Anna Madill on +61 7 30322229 for a confidential discussion.