Forward Market Trader
Salary Clean energy future
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Anna Madill
Date posted 22 May 20192019-05-23 2019-06-21 utilities Brisbane CBD Queensland Creek Street AU 4000 AUD 153000 153000 153000 YEAR CleanCo https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/CleanCo.gif
Robert Walters are proud to partner with CleanCo, Queensland’s new, publicly-owned clean energy company leading our State’s transition to a clean energy future. CleanCo is at the forefront of clean and low emission energy generation. CleanCo will deliver reliable, clean energy solutions at a competitive price for Queenslanders. CleanCo is shaping the future of Queensland’s energy sector and this is an opportunity to align your experience in energy market trading with a growing organisation focused on customer needs. CleanCo will facilitate a more dynamic and responsive energy market through a diverse mix of generation capacity and investment in renewable energy projects to deliver innovative energy solutions for their customers and increased market competition.
Reporting to the Forward Market Manager, the Forward Market Trader is responsible for negotiating and executing purchasing and trading transactions and activities to deliver on CleanCo’s forward market trading strategy. During establishment, the Forward Market Trader will contribute to the design and development of the Forward Market team and function, including reports, systems and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of energy market fundamentals, particularly the electricity market, environmental products and gas
- Extensive knowledge of market activity, intelligence sources and key information providers
- The ability to build strong relationships and enable the trading business while maintaining independence with respect to standards of compliance
- Ability and willingness to contribute broadly, particularly during the early stages of establishment
- Ability in communicating complex ideas effectively across a range of diverse stakeholders
This is an opportunity to make a difference for Queensland consumers and contribute to a renewable future. If CleanCo’s goal to increase competition in the wholesale electricity market, lower electricity prices, and facilitate a reliable and affordable transition to increased renewable energy resonates with you, please apply by Tuesday, 28th May 2019.
To apply please click apply or call Anna Madill on +61 7 30322229 for a confidential discussion.