Salary AUD100000 - AUD140000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Jonathan Berry
Date posted 26 August 2016
Leading global bank in Sydney is looking for a Compliance Manager to provide regulatory compliance guidance to the retail & corporate divisions.
Compliance Manager - Retail/Corporate Banking – Sydney - $100k - $140k
This market leading international bank requires a Compliance Manager to join their existing compliance team. The role will involve providing advice and guidance to the retail and corporate banking division in order to satisfy all external regulatory obligations and client contractual requirements.
A solid understanding of the regulatory environment governing retail banking is required and prior experience leading teams in domestic retail banking compliance is a necessity.
With significant changes to regulations such as Privacy Act and NCCP Act, the individual must be able to run work streams critical to the bank’s overall compliance profile.
- To consider the implications of client contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements on the operation of the retail and corporate banking divisions
- Manage the framework in place to undertake compliance monitoring procedures as necessary in the fulfilment of these compliance requirements
- Documentation and dissemination of relevant policy and, where necessary, procedures to promote client contractual, legislative and regulatory compliance
- Ensure current knowledge of changes to the Corporations Law and industry trends is maintained
- Assess the impact of legislative changes to the banking sector, and ensure the business units are fully informed
- To liaise with Internal and External Audit for relevant compliance monitoring activities
Suitable candidates will possess:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in corporate banking compliance within financial services
- Experience in a leadership role, ideally with a market leader
- Mandarin language skills are desirable
- A strong understanding of regulatory requirements for compliance within retail/corporate banking and specific retail/corporate product knowledge
- Degree qualification in business, law or finance related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Jonathan Berry on +61 2 8289 3210 for a confidential discussion.