Senior Compliance Manager
Salary AUD130000 - AUD170000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Jonathan Berry
Date posted 20 September 2016
This market leading domestic bank requires a senior compliance manager to help form the second line of defence from a regualtory compliance perspective.
Senior Compliance Manager - Business Banking - Sydney - $130k - $170k
The role will form part of a newly formed function to ensure that the Compliance obligations of the bank are met from a second line perspective.
A solid understanding of the regulatory environment governing retail banking is required and prior experience leading teams in domestic retail banking compliance is a necessity.
Duties will entail -
- Assisting the implementation of the compliance framework for the business banking divison and interaction with line 1 to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Documentation and dissemination of relevant policy and, where necessary, procedures to promote client contractual, legislative and regulatory compliance
- Ensure current knowledge of changes to the Corporations Law and industry trends is maintained
- Assess the impact of legislative changes to the business banking sector, and ensure the business units are fully informed
- To liaise with Internal and External Audit for relevant compliance monitoring activities
Suitable candidates will possess -
- At least 5 years relevant experience in business banking compliance in financial services
- Experience in a leadership role, ideally with a market leader
- An strong understanding of regulatory requirements for compliance within retail banking and specific retail product knowledge
- Degree qualification in business, law or finance related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Jonathan Berry on +61 2 8289 3210 for a confidential discussion.