Conduct Risk Policy Writer - Leading Domestic Bank
Salary AUD155000 - AUD175000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Hart
Date posted 4 November 2016
As Financial Market Conduct Risk is now part of BAU for Banks around the world, driving demand for new policy across Front Office Sales and Trading and the subsequent training, procedure design and control build.
Our Client has a need for a very experienced Conduct Risk Policy Writer to join their existing team to help drive change in the business.
- A hands on role working with Front Office Compliance, Assurance, Legal and Sales and Trading leadership.
- The role requires a deep understanding of front office to elicit policy requirements around Sales Practices, Trading Practices and Front Office Supervision.
- Working collaboratively with senior front office leadership and through the facilitation of regular working groups, seek feedback on new policy and reworks to ultimately achieve policy signoff.
- Policy training will need to be conducted globally to support all Sales and Trading staff.
- Input into the procedure and control design and build is also integral to the role and the CR Program of work.
- Keep abreast of new Conduct Risk trends and regulation to advise leadership around updates to existing policy and new policy.
- The key goal is to contribute to an improved Conduct Risk culture across Markets globally.
- Extensive working knowledge of regulatory and legislative compliance principles and practices, particularly in relation to rules relating to market structure and exchange traded markets
- Significant experience with an understanding of the underlying principles and key drivers of the Rules and of regulators’ objectives and processes of regulatory reform including submissions to Governments and regulators and regulatory cooperation across regions
- Experience in working with Regulators on new markets-related rules and regulatory reform
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence, train and connect with others and to effectively impart specialist knowledge and build capability in others – including presenting to senior management
- Flexible and responsive to change and meeting regulatory uncertainty but at the same time delivering under intensive time pressures
- Legal qualification as well as Masters level or Business and Commerce qualifications would be highly regarded. Front Office Sales and/or Trading experience highly regarded.
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Hart on 02 8289 3258 for a confidential discussion.