Senior Business Analyst - Conduct Risk - Leading Domestic Bank
Salary AUD165000 - AUD175000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Hart
Date posted 4 November 2016
Financial Market Conduct Risk is now part of BAU for Banks around the world, driving demand for new policy across Front Office Sales and Trading and the subsequent training, procedure design and control build.
Our Client has a need for an experienced Senior BA/PM with a signficiant amount of Conduct Risk related experience to join their existing team to help drive change in the business.
- A hands on role working with Front Office Compliance, Assurance, Legal and Sales and Trading leadership.
- The role requires a deep understanding of front office to elicit policy requirements around Sales Practices, Trading Practices and Front Office Supervision.
- Working collaboratively with senior front office leadership and through the facilitation of regular working groups, seek feedback on new policy and reworks to ultimately achieve policy signoff.
- Policy training will need to be conducted globally to support all Sales and Trading staff.
- Input into the procedure and control design and build is also integral to the role and the CR Program of work.
- Keep abreast of new Conduct Risk trends and regulation to advise leadership around updates to existing policy and new policy.
- The key goal is to contribute to an improved Conduct Risk culture across Markets globally.
- Consult and problem solve to understand the teams, systems and processes impacted
- Document business requirements
- Document current and proposed processes
- Perform problem solving to understand the teams, systems and processes impacted by the obligation
- Document business requirements for solution implementation
- Deliver Obligation and Regulations Analysis
- Identification of risks and issues
- Deliver Change Management such as Business Impact Analysis, Business Readiness Assessment, process maps and procedure documents
- Ability to evaluate, organise, problem solve and communicate relevant facts and concepts
- Self-directed individual able to “take the initiative” with minimal direction
- Understanding of the Global Markets environment, products, business workflows and technology
- Markets operations or Middle office experience preferred specifically in reconciliation, trade lifecycle management.
- Derivative experience in FX, Credit, IRS, commodities or equities required.
- Familiarity with OTC Derivatives regulatory reform context in risk mitigation, derivative reporting, clearing an advantage.
- Ability to understand processes and how data travels through and is used within the process.
- Documentation of business processes and ability to convert business requirements into technical requirements
- Experience working on regulatory change programs of work – such as Dodd Frank, EMIR or MIFIDII
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Working with multiple business and technical system owners.
- Ability to work under pressure in response to specific issues
- excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Experience with data analysis, mapping, transformation and enrichment activities
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Hart on 02 8289 3258 for a confidential discussion.