AML Financial Crime Manager
Consultant Jonathan Berry
Date posted 6 February 2017
Leading Bank in Sydney is looking for a AML Financial Crime Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract to manage and maintain a solid AML framework.
AML Financial Crime Manager - 12 month FT contract - up to $145k - Sydney
The AML Financial Crime Manager will sit directly in the business and be actively involved with defining, managing and maintaining a solid AML framework. The organisation is looking for a commercially astute, subject-matter expert with 5yrs experience in AML compliance, IT Risk Management and advice to support the bank's digital transformation agenda.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the AML risks are being effectively identified and mitigated
- Recommending and implementing effective management mechanisms for AML risks within the business
- Exercise judgement in making decisions and articulate solutions to ongoing AML issues from an IT Risk perspective
- Identification of the business requirements and business impact of exiting and new regulations
- Ensuring that any AML projects are implemented in the business successfully
- Ensuring stakeholder engagement, including senior management and the central compliance function
The successful candidate will posses:
- 5 years experience in AML within financial services ideally from an institutional environment, as well as 2+ years IT Risk Management experience
- Hands on experience or an operations background
- A strong understanding of AML principles and guidelines
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to think outside of the box
- Degree qualified in a relevant field
To apply please click apply or call Jonathan Berry on +61 2 8289 3210 for a confidential discussion.