Senior Compliance Manager
Salary AUD130,000 - AUD150,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Nicholas Burgess
Date posted 28 February 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This market leading bank requires a Compliance Senior Manager to support the Head of Compliance who is responsible for the retail banking division. This is a true business facing role supporting senior stakeholders with compliance advisory services with everything from new product launches to upcoming projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong compliance background within Banking (ideally retail) and outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Provide expert compliance advice to support the retail bank leadership team
- Maintain and improve the compliance framework across products
- To consider the implications of client contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements on the operation of the retail banking division
- Advise stakeholders on new and upcoming regulatory changes and assess business impacts
- Conduct targeted compliance risk and policy reviews and implement any necessary changes in the framework
- To liaise with Internal and External Audit for relevant compliance monitoring activities
Suitable candidates will possess:
- At least 7 years relevant experience in retail banking compliance
- Experience in a leadership role, ideally with a market leader
- Proven success in senior stakeholder management
- Prior experience at manager level in a Compliance function
- An strong understanding of regulatory requirements for compliance within retail banking and specific retail product knowledge
- Degree qualification in business, law or finance related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position is a newly created role as the bank looks to expand their product offering as well as take market share.
A very competitive salary will be negotiated for the successful candidate
To apply please click apply or call Nick Burgess on 02 8289 3175 for a confidential discussion.