Head of Control Room (VP)
Salary AUD180,000 - AUD200,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Nicholas Burgess
Date posted 7 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Due to recent growth, this Top Tier Investment Bank is seeking to develop a Control Room function in their Sydney office to cover the Australian operations. The successful candidate will have experience working in an Investment Banking environment in a senior compliance position, ideally in a Control Room function.
The organisation is open to a strong compliance candidate that is interested in the control room. A successful candidate will be ambitious, intelligent and experienced in the banking and financial services space.
- Interacting across the business to maintain confidential lists and information
- Monitor sales and trading activities
- Liaising with legal and other compliance teams to ensure regulatory compliance
- Maintain up to date with any changes in relevant regulations or policy
- Ensure compliance with global policies and procedures
- Be a point of contact for any control room related queries from the business
- Management of 1 staff member (AVP)
Key Selection Criteria:
- At least 7+ years in a legal/compliance role, ideally control room
- Extensive banking and financial services knowledge
- In depth understanding of current regulatory environment
- Proactive and a team player
- Excellent academics and communication
- Detail-oriented and ambitious
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to step up and lead a function with an Investment Bank. Candidates from broader compliance positions are welcome to apply. A very competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful candidate.
To apply please click apply or call Nick Burgess on 02 8289 3175 for a confidential discussion.