Head of Financial Crime Compliance (MLRO)
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Nicholas Burgess
Date posted 4 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Due to recent movements, this well renowned international bank is seeking a candidate to lead the financial and economic crime compliance function. The position reports into the CCO, however is expected to operate without much oversight. The position will have an opportunity to develop and build a small team and is responsible for end to end financial crime compliance including AML, Sanctions, ABC, Fraud, CTF, CDD, FACTA etc.
The key for the role is determining the strategy, direction and leading the development, implementation and change of the financial crime compliance requirements from a local regulatory and group policy perspective.
This is an advisory function and will act as a point of escalation for all business units within the bank.
- Develop and implement a robust framework and control environment to mitigate financial and economic crime risks
- Act as compliance SME on FEC related projects across the bank
- Ensure a sustainable AML framework is embedded into the policies and procedures for the Australian and New Zealand businesses and that they align with group policy
- Liaise with senior business leaders both across ANZ and on a global scale on any matters relating to financial and economic crime compliance
- Act as a key advocate for compliance activities across the bank and work closely with executives to drive a compliance culture
- Complete all necessary reporting to regulators, business leaders, the board and head office
- Manage a team of professionals at the manager and senior manager level
- Full responsibility for all queries and issues that relate to financial crime
Key Selection Criteria:
- 10+ years in senior level financial crime compliance positions within financial services
- Relevant University qualifications
- Experience driving and implementing change
- Ability to influence and engage with senior stakeholders ie. Board level
- In depth understanding of regulatory pressures and compliance requirements relevant to financial crime compliance
- Demonstrated expertise in risk and control practices
- Experience in building and leading a team
- Previously having held a MLRO position desirable
- Adaptability in a changing working environment
This is a highly visible and sought after position with a leading international bank. The successful candidate will have a true ability to influence the strategic direction of the function for years to come.
To apply please click apply or call Nick Burgess on 02 8289 3175 for a confidential discussion.