Compliance Manager - Advice
Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Alex Thompson
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This large financial planning and advice business requires a number of Compliance Managers to take responsibility for the field audits and advisor compliance & remediation programmes. The role will involve providing advice and guidance to the advisors in order to satisfy all external regulatory obligations and internal compliance standards.
The key aspect of these positions is supervising, supporting and leading the compliance program for both salaried and independent financial advisors.
Our client is looking for an individual with solid understanding around the operations of a financial planner and experience in a compliance or advice audit role is essential.
The successful candidate will also be required to coach financial advisors on the quality and compliance of their advice.
Duties will entail -
- Conduct field audits of advisors within the NSW region and set out remediation plans where necessary
- Perform RG146 compliance checks for associated dealers
- Documentation and dissemination of relevant policy and, where necessary, procedures to promote legislative and regulatory compliance
- Ensure current knowledge of changes to the Corporations Law and financial planning industry trends is maintained and that this is communicated to advisors
- Recommend solutions to complex problems which may not have any precedents and guidelines to follow and develop guidelines to promote standards
Suitable candidates will possess -
- 3 years + of relevant experience in financial services firm or advisory business
- Experience within compliance or audit function is essential
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relevant to the financial planning industry
- An appreciation of regulatory requirements for an advisor network
- Proven track record of working in a team environment
- Degree qualification in business, law or finance related discipline
- Ideally ADFP qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Alex Thompson on 03 8628 2169 for a confidential discussion.