Customer Due Diligence Officer
Salary AUD80,000 - AUD105,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 9 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Compliance officer position is responsible for the administration of the Organisation's Sydney Branch’s customer due diligence and KYC on-boarding process. This position will also escalate and communicate any AML/CTF issues that arise due to assessment issues, changes to legislation or statutory requirements. In addition, this position will also assist with any compliance related tasks assigned by the Head of Compliance.
- Ensure appropriate and timely requests to Front Office for collection of documents from customers
- Complete customer risk rating and money laundering risk assessment control documents in a timely manner
- Ensure KYC files are accurate and complete.
- Conduct appropriate searches and screening in relation to all parties in association with KYC completion
- Review policy and procedure documents in relation to AML/CTF obligations to ensure consistency of current practices
- Ensure appropriate implementation of updates to all processes based on Australian and Organisational changes
- Assist with and input to any project related activities/change management with regard to KYC processes/customer due diligence
- Assistance with timely completion of Compliance and AML/CTF action plans, including self reviews
- Tertiary qualification such as an undergraduate degree in business, law or equivalent;
- Proven understanding of compliance and AML/CTF risk frameworks;
- AML/CTF experience including in particular completion of customer due diligence and undertaking of Transaction Monitoring
- Strong understanding of banking operations and financial products and services;
- Understanding of Australian financial market and regulatory framework;
- Able to find practical solutions to legal and regulatory requirements;
- Able to promote a strong compliance and AML/CTF culture both internally and externally;
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues;
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.