Risk and Compliance Officer
Consultant Ella Morgan
Date posted 3 August 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Funds SA is a South Australian Government owned corporation which invests and manages over AUD$32 billion on behalf of South Australian public-sector superannuation funds and approved public authorities.
Due to the continued development and growth of the business, we are seeking a dedicated operational Risk and Compliance Officer for a permanent full-time opportunity. This role presents an exciting and rare opportunity in Adelaide to work closely with the Manager, Governance, Risk and Compliance in effectively streamlining a best-practise risk & compliance function for the business.
As the Risk and Compliance Officer, you will be required to assist with the development and implementation of the operational framework and processes to support the business in meeting its obligations. This role requires a disciplined and organised approach to regular and structured risk and compliance activities while maintaining a focus on continuous improvement.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Governance, Risk and Compliance, your key responsibilities will include;
- Assisting with the ongoing refinement of a Risk and Compliance Framework in line with industry practice and Funds SA's requirements
- Assisting with identification and management of risk and compliance across all business areas
- Maintaining Funds SA's risk register
- Assisting with the development and implementation of corporate risk management strategies, including business continuity, fraud and corruption control and conflicts management
- Conducting reviews across the business and monitoring completion of internal control tasks
- Undertaking controls-related testing
- Assisting with the development and continued relevance of policies, procedures, processes and guidelines
- Developing and presenting reports to the Management Team and other internal and external forums (e.g. clients)
- Providing consultative advice to the Management Team across the business in regard to risk & compliance obligations and key operational frameworks
- Coordinating risk and compliance reporting to the Audit and Risk Committee
- Collaborating with other areas of the business to build stakeholder engagement in the Risk and Compliance Framework
- Providing support in relation to mandate compliance and fund manager operational due diligence
Key characteristics to be successful in this role:
- Relevant exposure to a mature risk and compliance environment within a financial institution or investments industry
- Demonstrated experience assisting and implementing risk and compliance frameworks
- High standard report writing skills across Senior Managers, Committees and Board/s
- Sound knowledge of contemporary business systems, processes and relevant risk controls
- An understanding of, and ability to interpret relevant legislation and industry standards
Overall, you will need to be a self-motivated individual with the ability to build cohesive stakeholder relationships across internal and external partnerships. Your professional behaviour and committed work ethic will demonstrate your ability to consistently achieve high standards with utmost integrity.
Applications close Tuesday 21st August 2018.
To apply please click apply or call Ella Morgan on 08 8216 3553 for a confidential discussion.