Compliance Manager, Controls Testing
Salary AUD115,000 - AUD130,000 per annum + Super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 8 October 2018 2018-10-082018-11-07 banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As the Compliance Manager, Controls Testing you will assist the Head of Compliance, Controls Testing in conduct effective, independent and objective risk-based controls testing in order to provide assurance that our client is in Compliance with regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures.
The Compliance Manager, Controls Testing advise our clients Businesses and Infrastructure Groups on remediation required for addressing issues identified in controls testing, assist in implementing remediation plan and track remediation to completion.
- Collaboration with various Compliance stakeholders to ensure the implementation of adequate and effective CCT reviews for Australia & New Zealand that meet regulatory expectations and requirements;
- Developing and implementing CCT programmes into an organised and risk-based work schedule to ensure effective use of the Bank’s resources;
- Executing CCT reviews and performing and assisting desk reviews in Australia & New Zealand;
- Contribution to APAC region CCT planning and execution of regional priorities;
- Ensuring that all issues raised in CCT reviews have adequate remediation plans that are tracked and escalated promptly and appropriately;
- Developing relationships with the relevant Business Management offices, Divisional Control teams and Infrastructure functions;
- Providing training to various audiences as required, including coaching other members of the local Compliance team to improve overall understanding of CCT and capabilities more generally;
- A minimum of 7 years Compliance, auditing or regulatory risk management/advisory experience within a Tier 1 financial institution, regulator and/or similar environment;
- Educated to university degree standard;
- Good knowledge of banking and securities laws, regulations, directives and regulatory expectations;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Access, Word, Visio, PowerPoint;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills proven through report writing experience;
- Strong collaborative team player receptive to exchange of ideas and constructive criticism;
- Drive, discipline and enthusiasm to work independently under pressure;
- Proven experience in problem solving, data analysis and working to tight deadlines whilst achieving good quality outputs;
- Ability to generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo; and
- Sound judgement, alongside strong organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise effectively in a constantly changing environment.
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.