Chief Risk Officer
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mel Munro
Date posted 5 December 2018 2018-12-052019-01-04 financial-services 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be able to build the risk function and embed the framework within the organisation. You will have a supportive and knowledgeable team around you whilst working for an organisation that understands and fully supports Risk and Compliance. As the Chief Risk Officer you will be responsible for the overall Risk management functions including credit risk, operational risk and risk policies across the business.
A significant part of the role involves the analysis and interpretation of credit risk at the customer and portfolio level in order to improve credit decisioning, and assist with capital allocation and pricing for risk. It is expected that the role holder will monitor and recommend changes to the business risk appetite to the Executive, Management and Board Risk Committee that will allow the business to improve its customer value proposition while maintaining maximising shareholder value.
The role holder will possess strong leadership, people management, communication and influencing skills, they will be expected to have frequent dialogue with all levels in the organisation as well as external stakeholders including, regulators, rating agencies, analysts, warehouse providers and customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Design, develop and embed the risk management framework across the organisation.
• Develop, design and drive implementation and adoption of the organisations Risk Appetite Statement.
• Ongoing development of risk frameworks, policies and tools for the identification and management of risks across the organisation.
• Embed a risk management culture that understands risk and makes informed risk based decisions through training, awareness and understanding of the business risk appetite.
• Embed the three lines of defence risk management model across the organisation.
• Develop a continuous improvement culture across risk management practices, policies and procedures that will enable the organisation to improve its customer experience and enable customer acquisition and retention to be maximised without compromising agreed risk tolerances.
• Provide strategic leadership and supervision to all internal staff, ensuring that all staff operate effectively and efficiently in accordance with the risk management policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensure all aspects of the Banks underwriting and collection policies comply with all relevant laws including NCCP, Trade Practices Act, Privacy Act and the Personal Property Security Act
Key Business Relationships:
• Executive team
• Business – Direct & Third Party origination channels
• Risk team
• Panel Suppliers – Accountants, Valuers, Insolvency Practitioners & Lawyers.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Over 20 year's experience in the financial services industry preferably
• Over 10 years Senior Management experience in a risk or associated function exercising a risk based delegated lending authority and/or the development of risk policies and procedures.
• Leadership experience in running small to medium sized teams
• Strong networks across the financial services industry.
• Experience dealing with regulatory bodies – ASIC, APRA.
To apply please click apply or call Mel Munro on 03 8628 2203 for a confidential discussion.