Risk and Compliance Manager
Salary AUD110,000 - AUD125,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Matilda Werner
Date posted 27 December 2018 2018-12-272019-01-26 financial-services Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 110000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Risk and Compliance Manager will proactively contribute to the evolution of the risk strategy and provide leadership for executing the risk strategy in the Australian and New Zealand region. The primary focus of the team is on the traditional asset and real asset businesses operating in Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting into the Head of Risk and Compliance, you will partner, advise, review and challenge the Business in relation to risk management generally.
- Maintaining a risk activity work plan/ calendar for the team and the business
- Executing the monitoring plan and thematic reviews
- Pro-actively identifying obligations arising from, and monitor the business's compliance with, relevant requirements and standards contained within the regulatory systems
- Facilitate and undertake risk profiling, quantitative risk assessments, key risk indicators, control testing, and risk and control certifications
- Advising the business on regulatory compliance matters and internal policy requirements
- Undertake other risk and compliance activity as needed e.g. approval of marketing materials; supporting the RFP and client take on processes; AFSL RM assessment; managing licenses, including coordinating any variations; document/due diligence reviews etc.
- Promoting a proactive approach to issue resolution by encouraging collaboration of colleagues and peers and assisting the issues and incident management process
- Providing regular, timely and relevant reporting to relevant governance forums
- Understanding the current status of projects and assist the business in managing inherent risk factors associated with those projects
- Supporting the development of appropriate risk and compliance policies and procedures and associated communication and training
- Advising the Business on new or changed business activities and the risks involved
- RG146 Qualified - Ideal
- Funds / investment management experience
- Regulatory Compliance/Operational risk/audit experience
- Ability to manage multiple and complex stakeholders
- With a ‘can-do’ proactive style, well-developed time and project management skills with an ability to undertake a wide range of divergent activities
- Experience of working in a global matrix environment and used to managing challenges of working across time zones and cultures with the appetite to partner constructively and collaboratively to build and deliver at the local and global level
- Persistence and tact
- Excellent commercial, communication (written and verbal ) and influencing skills to build consensus across a diverse key stakeholder group and communicate complex issues in a clear manner
- Creative, lateral thinking coupled with sound judgement with a track record of solving problems by applying ‘blue-sky’ thinking and effective decision making
- Strong analytic skill and an eye for detail and willingness to grapple with complex issues
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.