Head of Compliance
Salary AUD180,000 - AUD200,000 per annum + Super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 7 January 2019 2019-01-072019-02-06 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 180000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Head of Compliance is responsible for supervision of the Compliance function in APAC Markets.
The Head of Compliance is also responsible for all monitoring & surveillance, market conduct, rule mapping, investment suitability, regulatory change and policy setting. Reporting directly to the Global Chief Risk Officer, the role exercises strategic oversight over all the activities of the aforementioned regional functions, both current and planned.
- Responsibilities such as supervision of the Compliance function in APAC Markets.
- Advising Senior Management within APAC Markets in setting the right tone from the top on compliance matters and helping them provide the necessary leadership on compliance risk.
- Ensuring the effective assessment of compliance risk and producing a risk-based compliance plan that is approved by senior management.
- Produce a risk-based approach Compliance frame work for senior management that aids effective decision-making on compliance risk matters.
- Establish and maintain as Key relationship for all APAC regulators and government authorities
- Educating staff on compliance matters through timely and well delivered training and ensure the compliance function acts as an Effective contact point meaningful APAC Markets related compliance queries.
- Ensuring sufficient and representative compliance monitoring and testing, reporting the results to senior management so as to ensure Senior management’s ongoing understanding of compliance risk in the APAC Markets department.
- Acting as a champion on compliance matters by publicly setting standards and providing a challenge where the required standards are not achieved.
- Assistance to the group in understanding the rules & regulations it ought to be adhering to in the various jurisdictions in which it operates.
- acting as a point person for the APAC Markets business in respect of meaningful policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
- Document breaches, identify weaknesses in practices and controls and effect timely and mitigating remediation.
- helping senior management to articulate a risk appetite for compliance risk that has an effective impact on decision-making in the APAC Markets business.
- Being well versed in all aspects of compliance risk, particularly compliance risk in APAC Markets.
- The ability, and credibility, to work with and support senior management in overseeing the management of compliance risk present in the business strategy.
- Effectiveness in crafting and maintaining regulatory relationships with the bank’s regulators, where applicable.
- +10 years of relevant exposure to Markets Compliance in APAC Region.
- Possessing business insight and commercial understanding within financial institutions or regulators.
- Experience of dealing with and reaching positive agreements with Asian regulators.
- Deep understanding of regulatory issues relevant to APAC Markets including licensing requirements, applicable securities laws and exchange rules.
- A dedicated approach to work and possessing the initiative to drive projects and matters forward to resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong collaboration with internal partners at various levels of seniority.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines, and to work as a member of a cross functional team in an in-house environment.
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.