Senior Manager, Financial Crime MLRO
Salary AUD140,000 - AUD165,000 per annum + Super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 1 February 2019 2019-02-012019-02-24 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 140000 165000 165000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Our client is looking for an experienced Financial Crime professional to managed the financial crime obligations for the bank.
The Senior Manager Financial Crime MLRO role is responsible for supporting the Head of Compliance & Risk in driving and executing our clients strategy to ensure a robust framework and control environment is in place to mitigate and manage the Bank’s exposure to Financial Crime related risks.
- Supporting the Head of Compliance and Risk with the execution of the FC framework and policy strategy and activities, ensuring compliance with obligations and a robust risk and control framework is implemented effectively and operating.
- Manage and communicate compliance issues brought by changes to (FC related) legislation and other regulatory requirements across Australia and New Zealand or relevant other jurisdictions by providing briefings/ updates to management and staff.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with requirements of laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Act as the FC SME providing consultancy to projects affecting Australia and New Zealand products and processes to ensure compliance requirements are adequately assessed and controls put in place.
- Assist with the input and completion of relevant / required reports to Boards, Committees, Group, Management and Business Units as required.
- Assist with managing the methodology and implementation of ML/TF risk assessments across customers, products, channels and jurisdiction.
- Provide input and guidance to Group Policies and standards as well as undertaking gap analysis with the business when updates to new policies and standards are issued, including review of the local AML/CTF Program.
- Act as an SME to support investigations into escalated incidents and breaches, analysing results, reporting and follow up on remedial action.
- Act as an SME to provide advisory support to the Business advisory LCO compliance teams (in AU and NZ) for escalated enquiries.
- +7 years’ experience working in a financial crime role
- Demonstrate general risk management awareness practices, through performing role in adherence to our clients policies, procedures and values
- Completion of activities as set out in the Compliance Year Plan on schedule
- Increasingly leverage and contribute to global capabilities
- Effective management reporting
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.