Data Protection Officer
Salary AUD150,000 - AUD168,000 per annum + Super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 18 February 2019 2019-02-182019-03-15 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 150000 168000 168000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Data Protection Officer has the authority to manage non-compliance and breaches, including reporting such incidents to the relevant regulatory authority (in accordance and compliance with our client's internal related policies and procedures).
The Data Protection Officer has to strike a balance between being a trusted advisor and the internal policing role.
- Ensure that our client is aware of and complies with Data Protection and Privacy Act obligations (DP), best practice and any case precedents, interpreting law changes into practical policies and procedures.
- Act as the point of contact with respect of privacy queries and complaints, regulatory authorities, internal teams and other third party organizations that process personal information and our client’s data.
- To identify and evaluate our client’s controls on the confidentiality, integrity, data processing activities and availability of personal information.
- Define general policies and guidelines on DP and ensure to the extent legally possible consistency with our client’s group policies and guidelines.
- Work with Bank DPO and Regional DPO APAC (coordinator) to update and implement policies that enforce compliance with legislation, contribute towards monitoring of data protection regulations, deliver DP training to our client’s staff and increase awareness of data protection measures.
- Actively contribute to the our clients Australia Data Council.
- Provide advice with respect of data privacy access requests, manage more complex and difficult DP complaints, including appeals and complaints to external dispute resolution bodies and the regulatory authorities.
- Significant experience with and knowledge of Australia privacy laws (and GDPR) within the financial services industry, retail banking and the legal profession.
- Experience in dealing with Regulators.
- Good understanding of data processing, business operations and how personal data is stored and processed.
- International perspective: has worked across different cultures / countries.
- Knowledge and interest in IT, digital and understanding of information security principles and controls preferred.
- Some experience in transversal working, project management and change management preferred.
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.