Head of Compliance
Salary AUD200,000 - AUD240,000 per annum + Super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 2 April 20192019-04-12 2019-05-02 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 200000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Our client is looking for a Head of Compliance to Lead, manage and influence Sydney Branch on internal and external compliance obligations (including AML/CTF).
The Head of Compliance key primary responsibilities are developing, recommending and implementing appropriate systems policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant laws, prudential standards, rules and guidelines and codes of practice throughout our client’s Branches in Australia. Proactively manage and communicate any compliance issues that are brought by changes to legislation or statutory requirements.
- Regular monitoring of relevant legislation, regulatory prudential standards, rules and guidelines (Including regulators’ respective websites) to ensure legal compliance on a continuing basis
- Incorporating the local regulatory requirements and the Group’s policies into the Branch’s policy, procedure and process
- Reviewing compliance framework, policies, procedures and management processes, (including undertaking of periodic compliance gap analysis checks) identifying areas for improvement, implementing improvements whilst communicating these developments to all staff.
- Evaluating proposals, action plans and other documentation to ensure that the foregoing are compliant with the authorizations provided by the regulatory authorities.
- Establishing compliance risk monitoring and assessment model use both qualitative and quantitative compliance risk monitoring indicators and technical tools to monitor and control the overall compliance risk of the institution.
- Reporting the updates of the regulatory development to the management as well as HO
- Allocating ownership of appropriate legislation, standards, rules and guidelines to relevant department heads and staff and monitor their compliance thereof
- Sending various compliance reports required by HO ahead of specified deadlines.
- Developing appropriate risk based AML/CTF framework within timelines required by AUSTRAC.
- Tertiary qualification such as a law degree or similar business degree.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in the Corporate Banking environment
- Strong understanding of banking operations of Front, Middle and Back Office
- High level understanding of compliance and risk frameworks
- Understanding of Australian financial market and regulatory framework
- A broad knowledge of financial products and services of Front Office
- Compliance experience including hands-on exposure to interpretation of regulations and working with regulatory bodies
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.