Conduct Risk Specialist
Salary AUD155,000 - AUD170,000 per annum + Super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 11 April 20192019-04-11 2019-05-11 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 155000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The purpose of the Senior Conduct Risk Specialist role and unique contribution is to support our clients strategy and approach to embedding a strong risk culture with a focus on conduct risk where conduct threats are mitigated and conduct opportunities are identified.
The objective of the role is to enhance the alignment of commercial business practices and customer centric objectives supported by a culture that allows for the effective management of risk. In achieving this objective, this role will be required to lead and coordinate the capabilities of the risk function to support the achievement of our client’s risk culture objectives.
- Lead and implement the Risk Culture strategies against an agreed set of deliverables and timeframes, and monitoring adherence to these objectives
- Working with internal stakeholders utilizing cultural assessment data to identify areas of potential cultural misalignment
- Owning and driving actions to address areas of perceived cultural weaknesses
- Designing and monitoring data inputs to support the ongoing monitoring of risk culture and identify emerging trends
- Working with the divisions to drive awareness and understanding of our client’s Risk Culture principles. Identifying where the principles are operating effectively, are yet to be implemented or require further implementation activities
- Support the continuous improvement of a consistent Risk Culture assessment methodology commensurate with our client’s risk appetite, risk maturity targets and evolving consumer and regulatory expectations
- Working with internal stakeholders across functions to develop a robust voice of the customer approach to identify emerging themes and trends
- Leverage internal and external networks to ensure our client remains connected to and addressing emerging culture trends, developments and expectations, understanding how these changes can impact the people experience at our client.
- Relevant risk management experience with an insurance or financial services provider
- Risk culture and/or conduct risk experience
- Demonstrated excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and implement practically
- Outcomes focused and results driven, proven success in the delivery of key programs of work
- Ability to reset expectations, respond swiftly to changes and visualise outcomes
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across functions to reach a common approach
- Tertiary qualification/s in commerce, economics, law or related fields
- Relevant industry experience in risk related role
- Relevant industry or professional memberships
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.