Financial Crime Analyst
Salary AUD60,000 - AUD75,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Matilda Werner
Date posted 29 April 20192019-04-29 2019-05-29 banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
The Financial Crime Analyst will help to ensure the business is in compliance with the Anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing (AML/CTF) laws and regulations of Australia as well as the internal firm-wide GFC policies and procedures.
• Respond to the daily queries received from the business regarding Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Identification Procedures (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Customer Risk Rating, politically exposed persons (PEPs), and KYC/CDD Periodic reviews.
• Conduct review and approvals on various daily requests, including: enhanced due diligence (EDD) for high-risk clients, politically exposed persons (PEPs), PEP status reviews, KYC/CDD waivers, customer risk rating changes.
• Conduct ad hoc or trigger event reviews and investigations
• Escalating cases or incidents of suspicious matters to the MLRO.
• Assist with reviews on client and transaction OFAC/sanctions screening alerts.
• Assist with reviews on transaction monitoring alerts.
• Escalate a ‘positive hit/match’ and/or suspicious matter or transaction as a result of the Firm’s monitoring and screening.
• Identify potential additions to the Firm’s watch lists.
• Create case items where applicable.
• Participate in AML-related system and process development and enhancement projects (e.g. User acceptance testing (UAT) for system changes)
• Maintain registers for enquiries, SMRs, and other metrics.
• Collate and report metrics on a regular basis.
• Assist in delivering training to business and support units on any of the above, when required.
• Have a sound level of understanding and working knowledge of the Australian AML/CTF laws and regulations, particularly as they pertain to CIP/KYC/CDD.
• Have a sound level of understanding and working knowledge of an AML/CTF Program- Part A and B.
• Become familiar with the AML/CTF Programs of other key jurisdictions to which certain Australian businesses’ customers must adhere to (i.e. UK). Ensure advice given to the business is in line with the requirements of those jurisdictions.
- 2 or more years’ employment experience in AML/CTF compliance
- Experience working with an AML-regulated financial service provider that provides services to retail and institutional clients.
- University undergraduate degree or equivalent tertiary education.
To apply please click apply or call Matilda Werner on +61 2 82893182 for a confidential discussion.