Associate Director - Compliance Policy & Oversight
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Damien Carton
Date posted 7 May 20192019-05-13 2019-06-06 banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Due to continued expansion we are looking for an experienced Risk or Compliance specilaits across company policy and oversight to join this large Financial Services organisation.
The Compliance function plays a critical role across the business and ensures that the right outcomes is delivered to all customers. The team are responsible for ensuring issues are identified, escalated and fixed as soon as possible and prevent recurrence.
The Compliance function enables this by establishing strong yet simple frameworks and workflow, effective oversight and challenge, and the application of data and analytic's to report on compliance exposures and emerging risks.
As Associate Director, Compliance Policy & Oversight your role will be to:
• Support development and execution of oversight plans for compliance.
• Lead targeted monitoring activities covering key compliance themes.
• Oversight the prioritisation, progress and delivery of actions to address compliance issues, gaps and changes.
• Advise, guide and oversight 1st line functions and accountable executives in establishing compliance arrangements that ensure compliance.
• Provide clear and concise written reports covering the outcome of monitoring and oversight activities completed, influencing change through highlighting actions that need to be undertaken to improve the control environment and tracking these actions through to completion.
• Ensure timely execution of all compliance oversight activities.
• Support improvements and simplification of compliance policies and oversight practices.
Skills and experience required
To succeed in this role, you will embrace the opportunity to work in a team environment and have the following:
• 3 plus years’ experience in compliance or risk management partnering roles, preferably within financial services.
• Knowledge of financial regulation
• Sound understanding of compliance obligations and management disciplines.
• Experience analysing complex compliance risk, issues and reporting.
To apply please click apply or call Damien Carton on 03 8628 2104 for a confidential discussion.