Manager Regulatory Compliance
Salary AUD160,000 - AUD190,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Damien Carton
Date posted 4 July 20192019-07-23 2019-08-03 banking Melbourne CBD Victoria AU AUD 160000 190000 190000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Compliance function plays a critical role across the business and ensures that the right outcomes is delivered to all customers. The team are responsible for ensuring issues are identified, escalated and fixed as soon as possible and prevent recurrence.
As Manager, Regulatory Compliance, you will be responsible for actively managing relationships between regulators and Australia Division Tribes and Business Units. You will also be responsible for identifying and monitoring relevant regulatory and industry change and providing compliance advice to assist the Australia Division with its management of regulatory obligations, adoption of regulatory change and application of Group-wide and Divisional Regulatory Compliance policy(ies).
Skills and experience required
• Thorough understanding of relevant law and industry codes (Credit Act and Code, Code of Banking Practice, Corporations Act, ASIC Act, Competition & Consumer law, Privacy Act, Credit Reporting Code of Conduct) and the process for development, interpretation and implementation of regulatory obligations. Thorough understanding of ASIC and other regulator guidance.
• Strong knowledge of banking, products and processes.
• An ability to think about complex issues in a strategic manner, considering the broader context and implications. This is done through demonstrating strong analytical skills with proven problem solving abilities that balance sound compliance advice with desired commercial outcomes.
• Proven ability to influence and ability to manage priorities and conflicting issues in a professional manner.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail. Able to build strong, open and collaborative working relationships.
• Desire to work in a collaborative team environment with a values led culture.
To succeed in this role, you will embrace the opportunity to work in a team environment and have the following:
• 8 plus years’ experience in compliance or risk management partnering roles, preferably within financial services.
• Knowledge of financial regulation
• Sound understanding of compliance obligations and management disciplines.
• Experience analysing complex compliance risk, issues and reporting.
To apply please click apply or call Damien Carton on 03 8628 2104 for a confidential discussion.