Manager, Operational Risk and Compliance
Consultant Ella Morgan
Date posted 23 July 20192019-07-23 2019-08-22 financial-services Adelaide South Australia AU AUD 110000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This organisation is among the top 200 ASX-listed companies operating globally across Australia, New Zealand and the UK. They provide a range of finance products and solutions to consumers and businesses through a network of more than 14,000 retail and business partners.
With established presence in Adelaide and due to continual organisational growth, an opportunity for an experienced Operational Risk and Compliance leader is now available to compliment the regulatory, risk and compliance department.
As the Manager, Operational Risk and Compliance you are responsible for the ongoing validation and management of operational risk and compliance performance, as well as leading continuous improvement of both existing models and strategy. This role is critical to the organisation’s broader operational risk and compliance function to ensure that the organisation and its related bodies continue to operate in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
Operating with a high degree of autonomy and independence, your key responsibilities will include;
- Coach, mentor and lead a small team
- Drive the ongoing refinement of a Risk and Compliance Framework in line with industry practice and organisational requirements
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented and documented
- Perform reviews and investigations
- Investigate and coordinate responses to the appropriate regulatory and external industry bodies
- Identify business improvement opportunity relevant to the compliance function
- Support the development of risk management strategies
- Provide direct support to the Executive Leadership Team with reporting, strategic business activities and other project-based needs
Key requirements to be successful in this role:
- Relevant exposure to a mature risk and compliance environment within a financial services environment
- Tertiary qualification to complement existing career history
- Experience leading a customer service or compliance function
- Demonstrated experience with risk and compliance process design and writing policies
- Demonstrated experience assisting and implementing risk and compliance frameworks
- Ability to prepare and distribute complex reporting and portfolio performance insights
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders from varying business units across multiple locations
In this role you will be action orientated, full of energy for challenges and not be afraid to action. Seizing opportunity, prioritising work effectively with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Being customer focused is critical while establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers and colleagues to build trust and respect across all levels of the organisation. The role demands the ability to learn quickly when facing new problems, being open and adaptable to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas.
Applications close Friday 2nd August 2019.
To apply please click apply or call Ella Morgan on 08 8216 3553 for a confidential discussion.