Senior Compliance Manager
Salary AUD150,000 - AUD175,000 per annum + Super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 29 July 20192019-07-29 2019-08-28 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 150000 175000 175000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Senior Manager Compliance, Regulatory Affairs Australia works together with senior management to ensure that prudential regulations are identified and adequate controls are in place to ensure regulatory requirements are met. At a regional level, the Senior Manager is also responsible for signalling emerging (regulatory) trends, potentially leading to additional future requirements set on our client's and lead/participate in projects to address these.
- Paying: $150k - $175k + Super + bonus
- ASIC/APRA experinece required
- Opportunity to join an Internaltional Bank
As the primary liaison point for APRA, the Compliance Senior Manager provides support to our clients Australia business units in their interactions with the regulators.
- Be on top of relevant developments at regional (AU) regulators and other relevant industry bodies (e.g. Australian Banking Association - ABA), relevant themes and oversight over our client’s action to address these (from a 2nd line perspective).
- Provide a primary liaison point for APRA to ensure consistency and timeliness in communications. Provide support to our client's Australia business units in their interactions with APRA, oversee and / or organise other key regulatory interaction.
- Manage regulatory visits, provide support to relevant business areas in preparation for visits and work with businesses subsequent to visits to ensure that the issues identified are appropriately addressed
- Maintain and / or oversee the regulatory correspondence database (covering all regulators – APRA, ASIC & AUSTRAC).
- Proactively identify, communicate and monitor implementation of Australia prudential regulation changes by providing briefings/updates to management and staff
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce / Economics / Business / Laws or relevant industry qualification
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience gained in compliance / audit / risk management related activities
- Solid understanding of the Australian, regional and global regulatory environment and (emerging) requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.