Compliance Executive Manager
Salary AUD170,000 - AUD200,000 per annum + Super + bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Mountford
Date posted 9 September 20192019-09-09 2019-10-09 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 170000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The primary function of this Senior VP/Country Head of Compliance role is the day-to-day Country Compliance coverage for our clients operations in Australia.
• Opportunity to join a Global Bank
• Stand alone, Country Head of Compliance role
• Paying c.$170k - $200k + Super + bonus
The Senior VP/Country Head of Compliance will play a vital role in establishing a compliance framework and assist the business in their AFSL application.
- Guide and advise the Businesses on how to comply with/ interpret relevant local laws, regulations, guidelines and procedures
- Work closely with the other members of the Compliance team (e.g. Cross BI, Markets and Banking) in order to develop a centralised, best-in-class second line function
- Provide support on responses to industry consultations issued by the local regulator on changes in rules and regulations, with the support from regulatory relations or legal.
- Provide support on regulatory interactions with ASIC and APRA related to examinations/inspections requests for information/periodic or ad-hoc regulatory filings, including tracking of regulatory commitments, escalations and regulatory risk management.
- As necessary, collaborate with the Businesses in developing Business standards/ procedures and implement any operational changes with a view to comply with local laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Work closely with the Regional Head of Financial Crime, APAC to ensure that the requirements of our clients Financial Crime Policies, as well as all Australian legal and regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Ensure, in conjunction with senior management of the Australia business, it is in compliance with the obligations of the AML/CTF Act, most notably by drafting, implementing and maintaining the AML/CTF Program
- Provide advice and guidance to the Australian business to ensure that financial crime risk is managed within risk appetite;
- monitor and communicate changes in Australia’s business model and regulatory environment to ensure that the AML/CTF Program continues to be appropriate
- +8 years’ experience within Financial Services with a focus on markets compliance
- Experience with regulators, especially ASIC, AFCA and FMA desirable.
- Detailed research skills and ability to effectively communicate complex issues clearly in verbal and written reports.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to apply technical skills and procedures.
- Ability to perform complex tasks in the area of expertise.
- Anticipates and identifies regulatory issues and counsels management in order to develop legal strategies and solutions.
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.