Senior Compliance Manager
Salary AUD140,000 - AUD160,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 24 November 20192019-11-24 2019-12-24 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 140000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Senior Compliance Manager will lead, manage and influence the Sydney Branch on internal and external compliance obligations. The key primary responsibilities are developing, recommending and implementing appropriate systems policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant laws, prudential standards, rules and guidelines and codes of practice throughout the branches in Australia.
- Promotion and embedment of a compliance culture across the business activities of the branch
- Influencing, managing and advising employees on the importance and relevance of regulatory, policy and process adherence
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with relevant heads of department and all staff within the branch to ensure compliance on a continuing basis.
- Regular monitoring of relevant legislation, regulatory prudential standards, rules and guidelines (Including regulators’ respective websites) to ensure legal compliance on a continuing basis
- Incorporating the local regulatory requirements and the Group’s policies into the Branch’s policy, procedure and process
- Reviewing compliance framework, policies, procedures and management processes, (including undertaking of periodic compliance gap analysis checks) identifying areas for improvement, implementing improvements whilst communicating these developments to all staff.
- Evaluating proposals, action plans and other documentation to ensure that the foregoing are compliant with the authorizations provided by the regulatory authorities.
- Establishing compliance risk monitoring and assessment model use both qualitative and quantitative compliance risk monitoring indicators and technical tools to monitor and control the overall compliance risk of the institution.
- Tertiary qualification such as a law degree or similar business degree.
- A minimum of 15 year's experience in the Corporate Banking or Retail Banking environment
- Strong understanding of banking operations of Front, Middle and Back Office
- High level understanding of compliance and risk frameworks
- Understanding of Australian financial market and regulatory framework
- A broad knowledge of financial products and services of Front Office
- Compliance experience including hands-on exposure to interpretation of regulations and working with regulatory bodies
- Able to influence and direct management without any direct authority to bring about adherence to compliance regulations both internal and external
- Able to promote a strong compliance culture both internally and externally
- Fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin preferred.
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.