Salary AUD98,000 - AUD110,000 per annum
Consultant Eoin Reynolds
Job Ref 1730700/001
Date posted 28 July 2022melbourne banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-07-28 2022-08-27 financial-services Melbourne Victoria AU AUD 98000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is the internal audit function and acts as the ‘third line of defence’ within the Risk Management Framework. The primary purpose of GIA is to provide independent, professional and objective assurance to the Board, as well as to senior management, through internal audits designed to add value and improve the organisation's operations.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, GIA, you are responsible for delivering high quality risk-based audit coverage to ensure GIA achieves its purpose.
As a Senior Auditor, your principal accountability is to execute audits and reviews, focused on the risks that really matter to the business.
Your main responsibilities are to:
• Deliver audits and reviews on time and to meet GIA’s performance KPIs and quality standards.
• Ensure issue closure verification on time to meet GIA’s performance KPIs and quality standards.
• Provide high quality Draft audit reports for management.
• Assist the Head of Internal Audit and Audit Manager to establish, develop and maintain strong working relationships and engagement with business leaders to understand the company's strategic and business objectives as well as current and emerging risks.
• Influence the business to do things better and provide insights which enhance the way risks are managed.
• Support the delivery of GIA’s strategic priorities.
• Effectively leverage and use technology tools and data analytics to optimise audit coverage and efficiency and to obtain valuable insights not otherwise possible.
• Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of audit processes and methodology.
• Support the Head of Internal Audit and Audit Manager in building team engagement and ongoing team development.
• Actively participate in the broader Enterprise Risk and Compliance (ERC) community.
• Help drive and maintain a strong and resilient culture of risk and compliance which is embedded across the business.
• Complete other key reviews or projects at the request of the GM or Head of Internal Audit.
Specific skills or knowledge required:
3 years or more of External Audit, Internal Audit, Risk Assurance or Compliance experience in complex financial services organisations.
• Understanding of the regulatory framework as it applies to a complex Australian financial service provider, such as, ASIC and APRA and relevant financial services laws and landscape in Australia.
• Demonstrated understanding of, and capability in, internal audit processes and methodologies including the use of technology tools and data analytics.
• Good business and financial acumen and reflecting this in audits and reviews.
• Demonstrated ability to build networks, and the ability to clearly articulate business risks and controls.
• Ability to negotiate and influence with stakeholders including strong empathy and ability to enforce accountability.
• Ability to work effectively within the organisation’s complex decision making and organisational structures.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Eoin Reynolds on 03 8628 2154 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: Attractive Salary PackageLocation: Melbourne CBDDate posted: 1 August 2022
Our client is an internationally recognised investment bank that is experiencing continuous growth. This has subsequently resulted in an exciting opportunity for a senior position to join the alternative assets team. As a senior member of the team, you will assist management in accomplishing results, whilst providing further opportunity for career growth.