Head of Credit
Salary AUD180,000 - AUD220,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Sophie Moore
Date posted 31 May 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Leading domestic bank is looking for Head of Credit coming from a strong business banking credit decisioing background. The Credit Decisioning Process plays a critical role in the successful transformation of the department, leading the development and implementation of policies. The successful candidate will be accountable for credit decisioning across the distributed credit function for NSW / ACT
- Responsible for leading a team of 14 senior credit managers who are located across NSW / ACT.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities, implementing process changes and coaching staff through change management approach
- Managing of all aspects of the management and recovery/litigation activities
- Responsible for monitoring risk appetite across the relevant areas, and recommending changes to appetite in support of business strategy or response to events
- Develop action plans to optimize performance and drive continuous improvement
- Working with Risk Enablement team on continuous improvement opportunities for credit risk
- 10 plus years banking experience including a mix of Risk and front line banking
- Strong leadership skills, with proven ability to provide guidance to peers and business
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- Proven experience in relationship management, control and process improvement, desirable
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders in the Business
- Extensive business banking credit experience, deal size of $1-35mil
- Tertiary and/or financial industry qualifications
Working for an employer that empowers its employees and has an environment where new ideas are encouraged and supported. An outstanding package is available for the right candidate.
To apply please click apply or call Sophie Moore on 02 8289 3178 for a confidential discussion.