Lending Associate/ Loan Analyst
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mel Munro
Date posted 3 September 2018 2018-09-032018-10-03 banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Lending Administration Team manages portfolio of Loans, Bills, Guarantees and SBLC's for the largest Corporate and Institutional clients in the Australia region. Due to business growth and progression within the team there is an opportunity for an Associate position in the Lending Administration team.
To assist and support the management of the operational unit in the efficient oversight and execution of bespoke transactions originated within Wholesale Banking. Ensuring that daily work is checked & approved for accuracy & adherence to transaction documentation, policies, procedures & instructions, in order to provide business partners and customers with a cost effective and efficient best practice.
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
- Assist the Team leader to manage the Asset Servicing book of participation's in Syndicated deals, by processing of New Deals, Amendments, Utilisations, Rollovers and Fee Payments in the Loan IQ system.
- Act as a point of contact for Customers.
- Processing high value Swift payments, ensuring they are processed correctly & within cut-offs for relevant currency.
- Action items in line with daily Control Reporting and SLA’s, and work to ensure exceptions are quickly resolved and clear commentary provided for any exceptions.
- Help design, support and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for the purpose of liaising with senior stakeholders – both internal and external.
- Solid experience using Misys Loan IQ application is desired, along with a required desire to improve expertise.
- Attention to detail and good time management in this role is key to ensuring the daily work is completed in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Be self-sufficient and look to drive outcomes with limited oversight from People Leader.
- Be enthusiastic, innovative, strive for excellence and execute consistently in line with organisational goals.
- Display a high level of Customer Service at all times, and encourage peers to do the same.
We are looking for an experienced Operational practitioner with:
- Likely to have experience within the banking network or similar environment of at least 5 years, a number of which will have been at senior operational level.
- Strong Loan IQ knowledge
- Team player with strong communication skills
To apply for this role please click on the link below.
To apply please click apply or call Mel Munro on 03 8628 2203 for a confidential discussion.