Controls Assurance Manager
Salary AUD500 - AUD700 per day + Super
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 26 March 20192019-04-03 2019-04-25 banking Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 500 700 700 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Controls Assurance Manager will perform independent reviews and evaluations that will assist management in exercising its responsibility to develop, maintain, monitor, and continuously enhance control frameworks and systems. This role also promotes the development of a strong, effective and enduring risk management culture across the treasury function and the institutional bank.
• Perform 2nd line assurance reviews in accordance with the Risk and Compliance Assurance Manual over high and medium rated operational risks and material compliance obligations
• Perform 2nd line assurance reviews over the delivered risk (ie to-be controls) of key projects (ie those assessed as high risk)
• Deliver assurance opinion for the designated portfolio, working collaboratively with relevant colleagues
• Influence business unit teams to embed risk monitoring & control practices
• Commitment to deliver assigned reviews from the annual assurance plan as approved by Divisional Risk and Compliance Committees
• Prepare draft review reports and socialise with stakeholders to ensure alignment with Risk and Compliance Assurance Manual requirements and delivery of appropriate insight and conclusions
• Develop and maintain business unit relationships to Senior Manager or Head of level
• Contribute to the preparation of quarterly General Manager and divisional Risk and Compliance Committee reports
• They should be proficient at facilitating meetings and presenting at business unit risk forums and committees.
• They should prepare written work papers and issues and actions to ensure they are to a reasonable quality and should be able to draw out and to articulate key risk and compliance insights. They should be able to coach and train junior members in the team.
• Financial Services experience of working in either a Front Office, middle office or Back Office environment at the Manager level
• Relevant industry and other professional qualifications, eg CA, CISA, CIA, CFA, FRM, MBA.
• Tertiary qualifications in a business related discipline
• Big 4 or professional assurance experience
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.