Head of Advice
Salary Attractive package
Consultant Oliver Molinari
Date posted 18 October 2016
Reporting to the Chief of Member Support and Advice, you will be responsible for the strategic development and execution of the Advice and Loan Finder (mortgage broking) offering. The Head of Advice will be instrumental in enhancing the delivery of Advice and Loan Finder services to improve the member experience and outcomes.
QSuper is an industry leading superannuation fund that focuses on its members’ financial wellbeing through innovative product offerings and exceptional service delivery. With a culture that keeps ‘members at the heart of everything they do’, the organisation is committed to providing unparalleled value to members. With a proven capacity to succeed in a highly competitive market, this organisation is seeking to attract high calibre talent to assist in advancing its service offering. As QSuper continue to grow their member base and improve upon their service offering, a senior opportunity as the Head of Advice is now available in a highly strategic leadership role within the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you have the proven ability to lead and manage an Advice Business Unit which operates throughout Queensland with multi-site regional hubs. The Advice Business Units incorporate all designated activities associated with the Group’s provision of financial product advice, including the financial planning network, licensee services and advice quality, demonstrating exceptional commitment to the Group’s members.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor emerging industry trends and issues and develop and implement strategies to effectively meet changing client needs and the Group business strategy to ensure the efficient and effective provision of the services
- Provide strategic input into the development and ongoing management of Advice and Loan Finder service propositions and sales approaches and support/drive execution of associated strategies as required
- Advise the Chief Officer and/or Board of changes necessary to achieve the Group’s objectives
- Designated as the Responsible Manager under QSuper Limited’s AFS Licence and QSuper Limited’s Australian Credit Licence
- Lead, manage and execute the development and delivery of the strategy, driving a key strategic outcome to distribute the services in a manner that optimises Group and member outcomes.
- Lead the Advice quality management and compliance function providing insights, root-cause analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of the propositions and service delivery
- Responsible for the management, development and growth of the Advice Business Unit to ensure targeted opportunities are realised, ongoing continuous improvement and industry best practice approaches are adopted
- Lead and sponsor the initiation, design and implementation of major/strategic portfolio projects
- Create and maintain a professionally competent, engaged and high performing team
Key Skills Required:
- Degree qualified in Business/Commerce or related field with a minimum of an Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning or Tertiary qualifications in a financial planning related program is essential
- Member of an industry recognised Financial Planning association is highly desirable
- Minimum five years experience in a similar role in leading Financial Planning Network with profit & loss, business development and growth accountability
- Management of multidisciplinary teams across broad range of advice functions
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, regulatory obligations and industry advice practices that impact advice businesses
- Superior client relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring a team of professional staff to meet and exceed key business drivers
- At least two years’ experience in providing third-party home loan credit assistance that is not marred by significant non-compliance issues
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
The Head of Advice is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join one of Australia’s leading superannuation providers. An attractive salary and bonus package is available, and relocation will be considered for the successful candidate. QSuper is proud to champion respect and values diversity within the organisation to support an inclusive workplace.
To apply please click apply or call Oliver Molinari on +61 (7) 3032 2291 for a confidential discussion.