Business Process Analyst - Financial Reporting
Salary Competitve salary
Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Harry Barker
Date posted 21 November 2016
The ideal candidate will be from a strong financial reporting background, within an asset servicing environment, and ideally have exposure to process improvement, projects or interest in the business analyst space.
The role of a Business Process Analyst is to review and analyse operational procedures, processes and problems, in order to identify areas for improved workflow and/or automation.
- Determine business requirements; preparing feasibility and cost effectiveness proposals.
- Develop management information reports regarding the operations of the area.
- Identifing and assessing skills and needs of staff to implement new system changes; facilitating the staff’s ability to cope with change through training.
- Assess and analyse impact of proposed changes on workflow and on staff. Design and develop documentation to support changes.
- Interact with staff in systems and operations to formulate and implement solutions to improve processing. Identify impact of changes and processes on staff; facilitating acceptance of change through training and communication.
- Reviewing documents, existing procedures, and processes and recommend where automation or improved processes can be implemented. Design/develop new procedures when appropriate.
- Investigate and identify root causes of errors. Re-engineer processes to ensure that client needs are met and efficient processes are in place.
- Design screens and reports to meet skill level needs of staff; desigs forms and documents to assist and facilitate workflow.
- Write proposals for system changes and enhancements. Create and write procedures for manual workflow or system changes for a work area.
- Periodically review work for accuracy, and ensure that operations adhere to client specifications. Communicate to staff errors uncovered or processes in need of improvement and directs staff on appropriate action.
- Maintain a technical knowledge of operations and how operation relates to other areas in the bank.
- Provide hands-on-training for new staff and on-going training of experienced staff.
- In depth knowledge of Financial Reporting operations within an asset servicing business.
- Knowledge of Unit Pricing, Financial Reporting and Tax systems and related applications.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills are required to work with partners and implement changes.
- Expereice working on projects / new fund launches within an asset servicing business
- Experience documenting business requirements; preparing feasibility and cost effectiveness proposals
- Can collaborate and consult with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Experience of working with offshore teams
- Experience with Invest One and Garradin are preffered, but not essential.
To apply please click apply or call Harry Barker on 03 8628 2152 for a confidential discussion.