Global FX Supervisor (Nightshift)
Consultant Isaac Honor
Date posted 12 December 2018 2018-12-12banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
The key focus of this role is to work within a business unit that is focused on increasing customer satisfaction, developing a high performing and skilled workforce and cost efficient business practices. The role operates in accordance with Compliance & Privacy requirements and manages operational risk effectively.
You responsibilities will include but not limited the following:
• Daily Operational processing ensuring that all payment, confirmation & investigation obligations have been met and that customer service levels are maintained at the highest level.
• Central Operational contact for all trade related queries. Responsible for owning the investigation and providing a resolution to both internal and external clients.
• Work closely with Manager to ensure the following occurs daily: appropriate workflow planning & monitoring; scheduling of resources; operational risk management and situation management.
• Work with Manager to ensure Active Operations Management (AOM) and IO RAF platforms are being used consistently and effectively across the team. Ensure all data inputs are correct.
• Assist Manager in running ‘Stand-up’ sessions throughout the week and the formal team meetings.
• Ensure Supervisor-specific checklist is completed accurately and ensure all Officers have completed their checklists and associated functions on a daily basis.
• Ensure checklists are kept up to date and relevant to the team’s functions.
• Act as the first point of escalation for the team and business partners and work closely with the Manager to ensure effective oversight and communication of critical BAU issues
• Work with Shift Peers to ensure effective physical daily handover of work between Shifts 1, 2 and 3 to support the seamless transition between shifts and the effective running of the 24 hour global operation.
• Work closely with Shift Peers to ensure process consistency across the 24 hour global operation. Work with Manager to plan and implement cross training for the team, to ensure both breadth and depth of functional knowledge is maintained across team members.
• Identify opportunities for system and process enhancements and work closely with your Manager to work through cost vs benefit analysis and plan for implementation.
• Ensure that operational risk practices are actively understood and complete all mandatory training e.g. Financial Services Reform training.
• Support the Manager with the monthly RCSA testing and Quarterly SOX testing, ensuring the test cycles are being prepared for in advance and managed effectively during the testing period.
• Ensure all risk related issues are being escalated appropriately and help perform root cause analysis to identify and implement control enhancements to prevent re-occurrence.
• Proactively partner with Trading, Sales Desks and Relationship Managers to achieve great results for our clients
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
• Degree qualification preferred.
• Minimum 5 years industry experience with at least 2 in an equivalent Supervisor role.
• Specific product knowledge advantageous (Debt Market (Fixed Income), Foreign exchange, commodities, options and money market financial transactions).
• Energetic and motivated, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization
• Confident and articulate communicator.
• Flexible team player with the ability to work under pressure.
• Demonstrates excellent process and change management skills
To apply please click apply or call Isaac Honor on +61 2 82893109 for a confidential discussion.