Consultant Isaac Honor
Date posted 12 December 2018 2018-12-12financial-services 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Responsible for the daily management and provision of Investment Operations services from our Sydney office. The individual will act as an escalation point for queries and issues and assist in managing the vendors with regards to the outsource functions. The position requires close liaison with outsource provider/s, investment teams and other business stakeholders.
• Provision of services and reporting internally and externally; both timely and to a high standard
• Process review & implementation
• Be instrumental in enabling the team to adapt to change.
• Key point of contact for external vendors relating to middle office, fund accounting and unit pricing services.
• Initiating and fostering strong relationships with colleagues and business stakeholders (investment staff, traders, product, risk/compliance, IT areas, and external vendors where required)
• Ad hoc client reporting requests
• Operational readiness and compliance for regulatory changes
Specific Functional Duties
• Responsible for the review and operational signoff of regulatory and statutory reporting as required (Trust distributions, financial statements & tax returns)
• Responsible for the creation and issuing of management and performance fees invoices for trusts and mandate clients.
• Review & approval
o Daily Instruction to outsource providers (cash, corporate actions, expenses etc.)
o Daily cash instructions into front office instructions
o Unit Pricing analysis & reporting
• Ensure all colleagues and business stakeholders are informed on middle office, fund accounting and unit pricing issues
• Ensure operational readiness (middle office / fund accounting / unit pricing services) for any new business take on
• Coaching & development of junior staff at all operations sites
• Analyse and report on third party service providers (both internal and external) Service Level Agreement adherence and performance, including the Fund Administrator.
• Process review & implementation
• Ad hoc Operations duties
Key skills, attributes and characteristics
• Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and resources to effectively deal with changes in demand.
• Works well under pressure to provide deliverables timely and to a high standard
• Proven experience with financial statement and fund distribution calculations
• Appreciation of and commitment to exceptional customer service.
• Solid investment and asset management knowledge – Equities, global markets & practices.
• Strong intellect, numerate, high integrity, high quality standards and attention to detail.
• Must be self-reliant, resourceful and proactive at the same time a collaborative team player.
• Ability to think outside the box and work through complex problems/issues.
Experience and qualifications
• Degree qualified
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a high-quality asset management / custodian with proven expertise in all aspects of investment operations
• Previous experience with global operating model design, process improvement and internal control management (including GS007)
• Previous experience with the analysis of trust financial statements, distributions, IRESS & Bloomberg AIM
To apply please click apply or call Isaac Honor on +61 2 82893109 for a confidential discussion.