Nightshift Manager - Global FX & Client Onboarding
Consultant Isaac Honor
Date posted 30 May 20192019-05-30 2019-06-29 banking Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 105000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Institutional Banking Services supports the Westpac Institutional Bank (WIB) and we pride ourselves on being a business unit that is equipped to meet the ever changing needs of the market, while remaining committed to our different customers, stakeholders and products.
• Effectively lead and manage the Customer Account Maintenance team to deliver a world class customer lifecycle management to both our internal and external customers, ensuring that the Operation is sustainable and nimble in response to New Business and Market Developments.
• Daily Operational management of the team, ensuring appropriate workflow planning & monitoring, scheduling of resources, operational risk management and situation management.
• Work closely with Senior Management as the first point of escalation for the team and business partners to ensure effective oversight and communication of critical BAU issues/IFAs.
• Active and effective people management ensuring regular communication to team members, formal 1:1s, and oversight of the teams’ Supervisors.
• Sustained performance management of individuals where required.
• Ensure that Team Members receive appropriate training, including both technical skills and generic, soft skills and that Team Members are engaged in individual Development Plans and meeting set Motivate Goals.
• Work closely with Team Leaders, Supervisors and Peers to ensure process consistency and effective handover across the 24 hour global operation where applicable.
• Lead team through change to minimise both employee impacts and potential dips in performance associated with the implementation of change.
• Implementation of system and process enhancements ensuring all changes meet legislative and compliance standards and that the risk and controls are understood and embedded within the team.
• Maintain close working relationships with External Audit, Assurance, WIB 1LOD/2LOD, Compliance and IBS Risk teams for risk management and audit processes.
• Active engagement in all project related initiatives that will impact the team ensuring changes are understood, appropriate and robust UAT is performed, and process & control change considerations are identified and signed-off.
• Proactively partner with Trading, Sales Desks and Relationship Managers.
• Degree qualification preferred.
• Minimum 8 years industry experience with at least 5 in an Operations leadership role.
• Specific product knowledge advantageous (E2E onboarding or specific aspects of onboarding; Foreign Exchange; Debt; and Derivative financial products)
• Excellent focus on attention to detail with the capability to work and make decisions in a fast paced environment.
• Energetic and motivated, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organisation.
• Confident and articulate communicator with good influencing skills.
• Flexible individual, able to be innovative and creative in approach.
• Demonstrates excellent process and change management skills.
To apply please click apply or call Isaac Honor on +61 2 82893109 for a confidential discussion.