Underwriting Risk Manager
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Thomas Ryan
Date posted 17 February 2017
I am recruiting for an experienced Underwriting Risk Manager for a major insurance broker with prior underwriting experience to work with the Chief Underwriter and the Underwriting Committee to deliver and improve underwriting risk.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering on the strategic underwriting initiatives developed at the Underwriting Committee within the agreed targeted timeframes.
- Oversight and ongoing development of underwriting governance and standards.
- Collaborating and liaising with appropriate stakeholders and generating strong relationships.
- Reporting and presenting deliverables in a simple manner to senior stakeholders including the Group CRO and Chief Underwriting Officers.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry and current market and regulatory environment, preferably, at an international level.
- Significant experience in the general insurance first line underwriting with insurance part or full qualification (desirable).
- Experience of working with senior management and oversight of underwriting activities.
- High work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational, time, project management, and influencing skills.
- Self-motivation to initiate, lead in collaboration and maintain best practice in insurance risk
To apply please click apply or call Thomas Ryan on +61 2 8289 3158 for a confidential discussion.