Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Thomas Ryan
Date posted 15 March 2017
I am recruiting for an experienced Underwriting Manager for a major insurance broker with prior underwriting exposure who is prepared to work with the Underwriting Committee and Underwriters to deliver change and reform across the business. This role will give you substantial exposure to the business's CRO and Chief Underwriting Officer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering on the strategic underwriting initiatives developed at the Underwriting Committee within the agreed targeted timeframes.
- Oversight and ongoing development of underwriting governance and standards.
- Collaborating and liaising with appropriate stakeholders and generating strong relationships.
- Reporting and presenting deliverables in a simple manner to senior stakeholders including the Group CRO and Chief Underwriting Officers.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry and current market and regulatory environment, preferably, at an international level.
- Significant experience in the general insurance first line underwriting with insurance part or full qualification (desirable).
- Experience of working with senior management and oversight of underwriting activities.
- High work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational, time, project management, and influencing skills.
- Self-motivation to initiate, lead in collaboration and maintain best practice in insurance risk
To apply please click apply or call Thomas Ryan on +61 2 8289 3158 for a confidential discussion.