Senior Enterprise Risk Manager
Salary AUD180,000 - AUD210,000 per annum + Super
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jordan Jessup
Date posted 28 November 2018 2018-11-282018-12-23 insurance 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Senior Risk Manager will support the Chief Risk Officer, ERM Insurance and Wealth Solutions and the businesses to embed the complete and consistent application of the ERM framework across the Insurance business. It requires close liaison with key stakeholders, working closely with senior business representatives and acting as an effective “second line of defence” in managing risks to the business.
- Good understanding of the Australian financial services industry within Life Insurance.
- Ability to constructively challenge, consult and advise, whilst maintaining excellent relationships and the respect of senior executives
- Ability to effectively negotiate, influence and engage a broad range of senior internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to inform or influence specific audiences
- Sound organisational planning and implementation skills, and demonstrated ability to apply them in rapidly changing business environments
- Ability to implement, monitor and report on risk management and compliance frameworks, risks and incidents across multiple businesses
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- At least 10 years relevant experience and a proven track record in a risk management, compliance, internal / external audit or assurance role, with experience in financial services an advantage
- Good understanding of the financial services industry, relevant regulators (e.g. ASIC and APRA), and current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements
- Proven ability to understand operational and compliance risks inherent or emerging in a business area, to assess the level of risk, and to develop and execute plans to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships at a range of levels
- Experience in leading and developing people to deliver on operational goals, and a track record in maintaining a high performing team
To apply please click apply or call Jordan Jessup on +61 2 82893107 for a confidential discussion.