Consultant Andrew Bath
Date posted 7 December 2016
This leading international fund manager, with a strong presence in the Australian market and particularly within Australian equities, are looking for an Equity Analyst. With significant funds under management, this organisation has a proven and successful pedigree that is underpinned by a bottom up, fundamental approach to portfolio selection. They are now looking to strengthen their resources and infrastructure team by hiring a Melbourne based Equity Analyst to focus on the two sectors.
- As an Equity Analyst, using your previous resources background to build and maintain in-depth company valuation models (notably discounted cash flow models) will be essential
- Assessing the future prospects of large Australian listed resource and infrastructure companies
- Interacting with the senior management at listed companies
- Conducting wider industry analysis including events and developments in the resources and infrastructure industries and their impact on the businesses
- Contributing to investment decisions as part of the resources and infrastructure research team
- Have demonstrable success is using and building financial/valuation models to analyse the resources and related industries
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills developed ideally in corporate/business strategy at a resources company, the M&A area of an operating company or the corporate advisory area of an investment bank focussing on the resources industry, or within a professional services firm focussing on the resources sector
- Experience in the mining sector would be highly desirable
- Relevant tertiary (e.g. engineering, geology, geotechnical) or postgraduate (e.g. FINSIA, MBA, MFin, CFA or CA) qualification with excellent academic results
- Superior judgement, integrity and a long term view
To apply please click apply or call Andrew Bath on 86282104 for a confidential discussion.