Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Jack Brown
Date posted 15 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Investment Analyst is responsible for the direct equities investment process. This involves the construction and maintenance of approved lists and model portfolios for listed Australian equity investments.
- Conduct ongoing fundamental company analysis within assigned sector responsibilities and report conviction views to the team. Participate in building, maintaining and monitoring company valuation infrastructure.
- Research and prepare regular and one-off articles, market updates, training sessions, advisor and client presentations.
- Maintain and regularly review approved stock lists in accordance with the investment process..
- Construct and maintain model portfolios which are expected to outperform the market and add value to client portfolios.
- Maintain and monitor regular reporting & update tasks – including valuation spreadsheets, performance reporting, document tracking.
- Build relationships across the industry.
- Assist in the delivery of a saleable product and service offering to support the building of the client base and deepening of relationships.
- 2-5 years in an analytical investment related role (equities) within the mainstream institutional stockbroking or funds management industry; 5-10+ years (senior role).
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative finance techniques, valuations. The ability to demonstrate strong thought processes and have a questioning mind/personality.
- High skill level with excel spreadsheets (good knowledge of macros and pivot tables preferable).
- Passion for investments, particularly equities.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Degree qualified in a relevant financial discipline, CFA desired.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful applicant.
To apply please click apply or call Jack Brown on 02 8289 3238 for a confidential discussion.