Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Jack Brown
Date posted 24 August 2018 2018-08-242018-09-20 financial-services 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Portfolio Analyst for conducting investment manager research, manage portfolio risk and performance attribution analytics as well as other secondary objectives that are required within a multi-manager investment framework.
- Conduct investment manager research across a series of cash, fixed interest and alternative credit investment strategies as directed by the Head of Interest Rates
- Identify and recommend investment managers that will likely exceed the risk and return objectives of each Interest Rates sector fund and sub-asset class strategies
- Monitor and evaluate sector manager allocations and re-balance to target as required and issue investment instructions
- Develop and maintain a portfolio reporting and risk analytics framework for all of the Interest Rates portfolios
- Assist in the preparation of various reports and presentations as business needs dictate
- Approximately 3 - 7 years’ previous proven investment experience gained within an investment manager, superannuation fund or investment bank in either a portfolio management, research/strategy, financial markets or capital markets role
- Proven investment manager research experience, with experience in Cash and Fixed Interest financial markets, including exposure to physical securities, derivatives and structured instruments is preferred
- Experience working within a multi-manager investment and/or research team would be highly regarded
- Undergraduate Degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business or Actuarial Studies is essential
- Master’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business, Actuarial Studies or CFA is preferred
- Highly proficient in excel spreadsheets and statistical software packages related to the finance industry eg. Northfield, APT and Factset will be a key requisite
- Strong understanding of investment risk
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of investment, financial markets and product knowledge
A competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful applicant.
To apply please click apply or call Jack Brown on 02 8289 3238 for a confidential discussion.