Manager Investment Risk & Analytics
Consultant Giuseppe Nasca
Date posted 12 December 2018 2018-12-12financial-services 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Funds SA is a South Australian Government owned investment manager which invests and manages over AUD$32 billion on behalf of South Australian public sector superannuation funds and approved public authorities.
Due to the continued development and growth of the business, we are seeking a dedicated, motivated and innovative Manager Investment Risk & Analytics. This exciting, newly created role presents an opportunity to work closely with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Management Team to drive the Investment Risk & Analytics capabilities of Funds SA. You will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of systems, processes and investment data capabilities to facilitate the measurement, monitoring and management of portfolio exposures, investment risks and performance analytics in order to support investment decision making and risk management and to meet the requirements of Funds SA’s clients and stakeholders.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Extensive experience in investment risk management across multi-asset class structures
- Proven capability to lead a team effectively in achieving optimal outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and maintain an alignment of team projects and initiatives
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, working collaboratively and productively with a diverse range of people
- Sound knowledge of investment portfolio theory, financial instruments and investment administration practices within the funds management industry
Key requirements to be successful in this role:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Economics.
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications are desirable
- Demonstrated high levels of verbal and written communications
- Industry experience in comparable organisations
- Experience in governance and internal control concepts
- Sound knowledge of performance attribution and measurement concepts
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced investment professional to play an integral part in the direction and future growth of Funds SA.
To apply please click apply or call Giuseppe Nasca on 08 8216 3508 for a confidential discussion.