Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Alex Thompson
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-07-24 financial-services Melbourne CBD Victoria AU 3000 AUD 320 400 400 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This position will be reporting into the Operations Manager and will be part of an established Operations Team. You will be responsible for providing a first class service to stakeholders through accurate processing and settlements of all transactions whilst supporting the Team Manager and being an SME for the team.
Duties will include:
The accurate and timely processing and settlement of all relevant transactions (domestic/international equities; domestic/international fixed income; managed funds) according to client instructions and market deadlines
• Processing trade amendments and cancellations
• Pre-match and facilitate settlementof external counterparty instructions in Chess
•Pre-match and facilitate settlement of instructions for internal movements between custodian and broker and across clients housed under custodian.
• Liaison with Custodian to ensure accurate stock positions
• Monitor reconciliation reports and ensure all breaks are resolved in a timely fashion.
• Support the team lead
• Training and coaching new starters
• SME for the team, dealing with escalations and complex queries
• Proactive client service, in particular in relation to settlement failures
Minimum 2 years experience within settlements and bank clearing environment
• Good understanding and knowledge of Australian Financial Markets and instruments
• Thorough understanding of Settlement practices and procedures
• Understanding of the Australian payments clearing system
• Experience in documenting work instructions and creating operational manuals desirable
Exposure to either CHESS, BaNCS, SECURITEASE, or EXIGO is essential.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced professional that wants to be part of a collaborative and team orientated environment with a leading brand.
To apply please click apply or call Alex Thompson on 03 8628 2169 for a confidential discussion.