Director Business Solutions
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Hamish Winterbourn
Job Ref 810012/001
Date posted 28 July 2022brisbane banking-financial-services/investment-management 2022-07-28 2022-08-27 banking Australia Queensland AU Indigenous Business Australia https://iba.gov.au/
Robert Walters have partnered with Indigenous Business Australia in the search for their next Director of Business Solutions. This position can be located anywhere across Australia.
Indigenous Business Australia is a unique organisation that promotes and encourages self-management, self-sufficiency and economic independence for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
IBA Business Solutions offers business finance, business support and economic development initiatives to eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to assist them to establish, purchase or grow commercially viable small businesses. A range of services is offered including workshops to develop business skills and access to other support guidance and resources. Financial support is provided through a broad suite of financial products including (but not limited to) loans, leasing, invoice financing and performance bonds.
The Director, Business Solutions, reports to the Executive Director, Products and Markets, and leads a geographically dispersed team of staff delivering a suite of products and services that make a measurable contribution to Indigenous self-sufficiency. As a member of IBA’s senior leadership team the position is required to contribute to the management of the organisation, and liaise with Commonwealth, state and territory agencies, private companies and Indigenous organisations to aid the economic development of Indigenous Australians.
• Corporate objectives as stated in IBA’s Corporate Plan pertaining to Business Solutions.
• Program level goals, particularly all contractual requirements of the program. This includes a focus on activity volumes, innovation, business support and other related performance results and indicators.
• Other elements of service delivery including but not limited to project and grant specific KPIs and obligations.
• Provide leadership and support to the program, ensuring its high performance in delivering its planned and contractually committed outcomes.
• Actively contribute to the Products & Markets leadership team.
• Foster a collaborative, respectful and inclusive culture where the customers needs are paramount.
• Provide opportunities for staff members and teams to be their best.
• Drive continuous improvement through innovation, evaluation and performance monitoring.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation's, policies and procedures
Deliver contracted services around business development, support and broader economic development.
• Monitor financial performance of the directorate and ensure resources are employed effectively and efficiently.
• Prioritise customer service and ensure services are timely, effective, meeting demand and of a high quality.
• Provide support, program performance transparency and policy advice to the CEO and Executive.
• Represent IBA at senior levels with other government departments and maintain robust and useful relationships with stakeholders and external parties.
Skills & Experience
• Commercial acumen and demonstrated achievement in business development, including an understanding of business finance and due diligence processes
• Achievement in program development and service delivery
• People management skills including an ability to harness capability to deliver results and drive organisational change
• Strategic and analytical skills of a high order
• Capacity to oversight the provision of business finance as well as contracted business services such as mentoring, training and advisory services
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant or related field highly desirable.
• Cultural capability including a respect for diversity and ability to communicate sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
• Communication and influencing skills of a high order to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of clients and stakeholders, including sensitivity in dealing with Indigenous communities and individuals.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Hamish Winterbourn on +61 7 30322282 for a confidential discussion.