Consultant Jack Brown
Date posted 28 February 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Traders Assistant will be responsible for working directly with the trading teams providing assistance on the operational side of the trading desk. Their role is to make sure the trading desk can operate as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Preparing daily revenue numbers for the trading team, involving pricing reviews to ensure reasonable valuation of inventory
- Understanding all trading strategies to ensure that the trade booking process flows smoothly
- Understand and be able to accurately book trades at our clearer as well as solving difficulties around stock borrow
- Can understand corporate actions and the effect they have on stocks and the Profit and Loss process
- Can work with a large amount of data and build tools to make the Profit and Loss reconciliation process more efficient
- Identifying any trades booked incorrectly in the firm’s trading systems
- Graduate degree in finance, economics, mathematics
- Knowledge of scripting language e.g. python, VBA
- 1 -3 + years in a similar Trade Support position
- A broad understanding of financial markets and products
- Committed to a financial management career in the securities industry
- Strong character, able to work effectively under great pressure within the existing team
- Excellent communication and time management skills
A competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful applicant.
To apply please click apply or call Jack Brown on 02 8289 3238 for a confidential discussion.