Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Jack Brown
Date posted 3 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the Securities, Money Market and Treasury team. The manager will have 15 direct reports and must have strong people leadership skills.
- Work closely with Senior Management as the first point of escalation for the team and business partners to ensure effective oversight and communication of critical BAU issues/IFAs.
- Effectively lead and manage the Securities, Money Market and Treasury team to deliver a world class trade & settlement accuracy, confirmation & reconciliation.
- Good working knowledge of regulatory requirements and legislation impacting securities trades and treasury transactions (bonds, coupons, collateral).
- Sustained performance management of individuals where required.
- Ensure that Team Members receive appropriate training, including both technical skills and generic, soft skills and that Team Members are engaged in individual Development Plans and meeting set objectives.
- Degree qualification (Economics, Business, Commerce).
- Minimum 10 years industry experience with at least 6 in an Operations leadership role.
- Specific product knowledge advantageous (Securities, Money Market, Treasury transactions).
- Specific system knowledge advantageous (Austraclear, Euroclear, RITS, Murex).
- Excellent focus on attention to detail with the capability to work and make decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge/ experience with MUREX, CALYPSO, CTM, DTCC, EUROCLEAR, AUSTRACLEAR, RITS, TLM is desired.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated for the successful applicant.
To apply please click apply or call Jack Brown on 02 8289 3238 for a confidential discussion.